Friday, August 28, 2009

marriage license drama...

Well, we are eights days away from the wedding and today's major task was to apply for the marriage license. Gotta love Flint Town....the website was completly wrong about what documents were needed. Good thing I called to find out and Andy's mom was able to overnight the correct document to me. Well we get to the courthouse to apply and walking to the elevator I saw one of my student's parents with a baby. I greeted her and asked who the little one was...her reply this is my surprise baby, she's 16 days old. I found out I was pregnant the day before she was born. WOW....we got on the elevator and saw another parent of students I had worked with. I filled out the application and then proceeded to the counter where the lady told me Andy's birth certificate wasn't correct and she had to get her supervisor to approve it. I asked how can it not be correct when that is what they issed at birth? The supervisor approved "against her better judgement" as she put it. Then we find out they only take cash or checks so my dad had to run over to the bank across the street to get the money. Yes, my dad paid for me to get married...lol. He got back just in time before they closed and had to actually pass the money through the door to me cause they locked him out. Now, tell me why they make it so hard to get a license. I understand that they have to make sure we aren't related or married or all that stuff....but come on really? O well...at least we are one step closer to being married.

1 comment:

  1. how frustrating, but it probably be something you can laugh at later. Seriously--what was wrong with his birth certificate that they wouldn't accept it. Weird.

    ReplyDelete